Walking through the streets of Beirut, you are reminded of the violent past many Lebanese have endured. Some buildings are left derelict as new developments soar up around them, other buildings bear the scars of the 15 years of civil war that plagued Lebanon. Yet, not all of the buildings play host to the memories, some have been taken over by street artists. You get the sense that Beirut is ready to move on, even though bombs and bullets still shake the transition.
- The Lebanese Artists (graffmelebanon.wordpress.com)
- PROMO: truth Presents The Graffiti Collective (complex.com)
- 36 Hours in Beirut (lowriejordanlivefromjordan.wordpress.com)
- Can Beirut Be Paris Again? (3quarksdaily.com)
- Yazan’s Graffiti and the Homeless of Beirut – Lebanon (barakabits.com)